Throughout the next year, and until the implementation of the New Translation of the Roman Missal, The Authentic Update will focus on issues surrounding the New Translation and developments in Sacred Music arising from it. I hope you will visit here frequently and join in the conversation as the Church enters into this remarkable period of liturgical transformation.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Bees Are Back!!

The Bees are back.... and I don't mean in the Exsultet! No, these are actual bees, and they are swarming the Jasmine grove in our front yard.



And I don't mean the cute honeybees... these are the honkin' big ones that sound like a P-51 Mustang in a full dive! Pollinating away today...



They don't seem interested in stinging, but they will circle around you buzzing like crazy if you get too near to them. They also chase down other bees and the ubiquitous dragonflies that make their home in the grove as well.

Charlie, our Basset Hound, stays safely inside watching them do their thing through the front window...



Time to get back to work now...

1 comment:

Mr. C said...

Hey, Jeffrey, where'd you get that bootleg snapshot of me?
Normally I look like a handsome Silver/Black striped American Shorthair feline male, but when you snuck up and caught me, I'd just come from a staff meeting at the church. No fair!

Charlie in CenCA